About the Circular Fashion Network
The Circular Fashion Network (CFN) is an international professional network that was founded by Anna Brismar and launched in October 2014. The network is an international network of individuals working either professionally or non-profit for a more circular and sustainable fashion, apparel or textile industry. The purpose of the network is to inspire and facilitate dialogue and cooperation between its members in an open, organized and self-initiated manner. The network is independent from any organization or company. The initiative is the result of a growing interest worldwide in exploring how principles of circular economy and sustainability can be applied to the fashion and textile industry on a global scale.
So far, the network has about 100 members, mostly based in Sweden but with a growing number international members. The Network members comprise a wide range of professionals, including designers, buyers, sustainability heads, government officials, NGO representatives, academic researchers, professors, heads of institutions, entrepreneurs, company owners, consultants, etc. Regardless of background, all members are actively involved in circularity and sustainability work related to the textile, apparel and/or fashion industry.
Uptil now, all network events have been held in Stockholm, Sweden. In the future, the events may potentially be organised elsewhere, depending on member interests and practical opportunities.
As member, you are invited to upcoming seminars, workshops, afterworks, and other events. The first meeting was held in December 2014 in Stockholm.
What does the Circular Fashion Network give?
The Circular Fashion Network creates the following opportunities for its members:
1. Invitations to circular fashion events
- First and foremost, the Network provides an opportunity for its members to meet other professionals in the field by arranging network events on various topics. The events are held on a regular basis, normally once every third month. Sometimes the events are co-hosted with other organisations or networks.
- The events are held in the form of seminars, film events, afterworks or similar. Invitations are sent out by email. By default, the events are held in English or Swedish, depending on the audience and invited guests. Some events are free of charge (such as Afterworks), while others are charged at cost price.
2. A Facebook page for the Circular Fashion Network
- The Network holds a special Facebook community page, which raises issues and shares news on circularity, sustainability, fashion, apparel and textiles. The FB forum invites anyone, including non-members, to contribute with posts. (The main flow is written by CFN’s head Anna Brismar).
- Please visit: www.facebook.com/CircularFashionNetwork.
3. Featured Network member
- The present webpage presents basic information about the Circular Fashion Network. Also it holds a subpage, Featured member, that showcases a special network member upon request. The member is featured for one month or more.
Note: All parts of the circularfashion.com website (except for this page and its subpages) are independent from the network and belong to the company Green Strategy.
How to join the Circular Fashion Network
All persons with a genuine interest in circularity and sustainability issues related to fashion, apparel and textiles are welcome to join. Membership is free of charge and you can enter and leave the network at any time without special cause. The member list is used for sending out email invitations to upcoming events. No member information will be disseminated to any outside party without exception.
Are you curious or interested in becoming a member? You are warmly welcome to send an email to info(at)circularfashion.com. Please include a short description of your present work and affiliation (company, organization or non-profit project) and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Anna Brismar (PhD), Sustainability Consultant
CFN’s Head and Founder