About the Circular Fashion Network
The Circular Fashion Network (CFN) is an international professional network that was founded by Anna Brismar and launched in October 2014. The network is an open network consisting of individuals working either professionally or non-profit for a more circular and sustainable fashion, apparel or textile industry. The purpose of the network is to inspire and facilitate dialogue and cooperation between its members in an open, organized and self-initiated manner. The network is independent from any organization or company. The initiative is the result of a growing interest worldwide in exploring how principles of circular economy and sustainability can be applied to the fashion and textile industry on a global scale.
So far, the network has about 100 members, mostly from Sweden but with a growing number from other countries. These members comprise a wide and diverse group of professionals, ranging from designers, buyers, sustainability heads, government officials, NGO representatives, academic researchers, professors, head of institutions, entrepreneurs, company owners, etc. Regardless of background, all members are actively involved in circularity and sustainability work related to the textile, apparel and/or fashion industry.
At present, all network events are held in Stockholm, Sweden. However in the future, the network may spread to other parts of the world with organised events in those respective cities. As member, you are invited to upcoming seminars, workshops, afterworks, and other events. The first meeting was held in December 2014 in Stockholm.
What does the Circular Fashion Network give?
The Circular Fashion Network provides the following opportunities for its members:
1. Participation at circular fashion events
- Foremost, the Network is an opportunity to meet other professionals in the field through the arrangement of different network events. The events are held on a regular basis, normally once every third month. Sometimes the events are co-hosted with other networks or organisations.
- The events are held in the form of seminars, film events, AWs or similar. Invitations are sent out by email. Depending on the particular audience or invited guests, the events are held either in Swedish or English. Generally, the events are free of charge, with drinks and snacks served at cost price.
2. A Facebook page for the Circular Fashion Network
- The network also contains a special Facebook community page. The FB page raises issues and shares news on circularity issues related to fashion and textiles. It is a forum that invites anyone, including non-members, to contribute with posts on the topic. (The main flow is written by CFN’s head Anna Brismar).
- Please visit: www.facebook.com/CircularFashionNetwork.
3. The webpage “Circular-Fashion-Network”
- This webpage presents basic information about the Circular Fashion Network. Also it holds a subpage, Featured member, that showcases a special network member upon request. The member is featured for one month or more. Note: All other parts of the website circularfashion.com are independent from the network and belong to the company Green Strategy.
- Please visit: circularfashion.com/circular-fashion-network/.
The member list is only used for reaching out to the network members with email invitations to events. No member information will be disseminated to any outside party without exception.
How to join the Circular Fashion Network
All persons with a genuine interest in circularity and sustainability issues related to fashion, apparel and textiles are welcome to join. Membership is free of charge and you can enter and leave the network at any time without special cause.
Are you curious or interested in becoming a member? If yes, welcome to send an email to info(at)circularfashion.com. Please include a short description of your present work and affiliation (company, organization or non-profit project) and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Anna Brismar (PhD), Sustainability Consultant
CFN’s Head and Founder